James Batchelor has been named in Paul Anderson’s 17-man squad for England Knight when they take on Papua New Guinea in Lae this Saturday, October 27 (KO 6.00am BST).
Following their impressive displays for England Men’s Elite squad against France last week, Castleford Tigers’ second row Oliver Holmes, Liam Sutcliffe of Leeds Rhinos and Hull KR’s Robbie Mulhern are all included in the squad.
Knights Captain Jack Hughes is joined by Warrington Wolves’ team mates Toby King, Tom Lineham, Joe Philbin and Declan Patton, who was called up to the squad as a late addition.
Named as vice-captain alongside Mulhern, Wigan Warriors’ Sam Powell is joined by Grand Final winning winger Tom Davies in the side to take on the Kumuls this weekend.
Young Player of the Year nominee Matty Lees is also named alongside Salford Red Devils full-back Niall Evalds, Kruise Leeming of Huddersfield Giants. Hull KR half-back Chris Atkin and Wakefield Trinity’s James Batchelor.
Hull FC have two representatives in the side, loose forward Dean Hadley and utility forward Brad Fash.
On Thursday, the Knights fly to Lae for the first match against the Kumuls on Saturday, October 27 before moving to the capital Port Moresby where the teams meet again at the 15,0000-capacity Oil Search National Football Stadium on November 3.
England Knights squad to face PNG in full:
- Niall Evalds (Salford Red Devils)
- Tom Davies (Wigan Warriors)
- Toby King (Warrington Wolves)
- Liam Sutcliffe (Leeds Rhinos)
- Tom Lineham (Warrington Wolves)
- Chris Atkin (Hull KR)
- Declan Patton (Warrington Wolves)
- Robert Mulhern (Hull KR)
- Sam Powell (Wigan Warriors)
- Matthew Lees (St Helens)
- Oliver Holmes (Castleford Tigers)
- Jack Hughes (Warrington Wolves)
- Dean Hadley (Hull FC)
- Kruise Leeming (Huddersfield Giants)
- Joe Philbin (Warrington Wolves)
- James Batchelor (Wakefield Trinity)
- Brad Fash (Hull FC)