July 15, 2019

Under 19’s cruise to comfortable victory over City of Hull Academy


Hattricks from Owen Hughes and Nico Devittoris secured a comprehensive victory for our Under 19’s over the City of Hull Academy.

It was Trinity who struck first. Hughes picked the ball up in centre-field, ghosting through the Hull defence to touch down under the posts. And it was Hughes again who doubled the Trinity lead just five minutes later. Picking the ball up in centre-field once again to run through and score, completing two tries in quick succession and giving Trinity a 12 point lead.

But it was Hull who scored next. After being held up in the Trinity try area, the ball was worked over to the left-hand side and eventually found Will Tate, who powered over to score. And it was the visitors who scored again just two minutes later. Tate was on hand to score his second after a kick over into the Trinity try area was not dealt with.

But after a stage of Hull pressure, it was Trinity who got the next two tries. Oliver Greensmith finding a hole in the Hull defence and seized his opportunity to run in and score. And just nine minutes later, the ball was worked well towards the left-hand side of the field where Devittoris was waiting to go over for the first of his three tries.

However, the first-half Hull pressure did not let up and it was the visitors who scored the final try of the first period. The ball was played out to the left, where Elliot Wallis was waiting to touch down in the corner and put Hull within 10.

And from then, it was all Trinity. The first action of the second-half saw Hughes complete his hattrick. After a bit of Hull pressure on the Trinity try line, the ball is worked out to the left-hand side, before quick thinking from the youngster saw him intercept the Hull pass and race away to score.

Two tries in 10 minutes for Devittoris saw him claim his hattrick. Both tries consisting of well-worked play down the Trinity line where the winger was waiting to power over in the corner.

The perfect second-half display was rounded off by Lewis Teale, who broke through the Hull defence once again to put the ball down and mark a resounding 44-14 victory