July 22, 2023

Trinity Reserves see off Warrington

Wakefield Trinity Reserves put in a four-try performance as they overcame Warrington Wolves in a thriller at the Be Well Support Stadium.

Following their victory over London Broncos just a matter of weeks ago, Trinity Reserves had confidence running through their veins, edging out our Cheshire counterparts with a sensational attacking & defensive display as Ed Hunter, Oli Pratt, Thomas Delaney & Ellis Roberts crossed the line.

Following a nip & tuck start, Trinity started to assert their dominance early on, and it wasn’t too long before the home side started their scoring.

With just six minutes on the clock, the ball was expertly fed out to the left, with Dane Windrow offering the ball up to Hunter, who broke through the Warrington pack to touch down. Wakefield was looking well for their lead in the opening stages, Robbie Butterworth causing all sorts of problems with a neat kick towards the visitors’ line as we looked to add a second within the opening 15 minutes.

Warrington’s line was soon broken, though. Almost a carbon copy of the try that opened proceedings, the ball was fed left, once again, this time reaching the winger Delaney, who finished expertly in the corner.

Despite a Warrington try soon after Delaney’s finish, Wakefield finished the side the brighter of the two sides. The left edge playing a pivotal part in the evening’s scoring, Windrow again with some neat play as Pratt got in on the act to give the hosts a well-deserved 16-6 lead at the interval.

Much like the first period, the opening stages of the second half was dominated by the home side, Trinity looking to add to the 10-point lead they notched up before the break.

Spectators had to wait until just the 49th minute for Trinity’s fourth and final try of the evening, Roberts powering his way over the line to open the scoring in the second 40, giving Wakefield a healthy lead in the process.

Warrington did stage a fightback in the dying embers of the game, though, as they provided a double in the final 15 minutes of the game. It was Trinity’s evening, however, as we took the victory, 22-18, on the night.