Wakefield Trinity Safeguarding Policy
1/ Coaches and Managers involved in the Wakefield Trinity Academy, acknowledge their responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children involved.
2/ The Wakefield Academy Pathway confirms that it adheres to the Rugby Football League Safeguarding Policy and procedures, practices and guidelines, and endorses and adopts the Policy Statement contains in that document and any successor policy. Current Policy found at (https://secure.rugby-league.com/ign_docs/RFL%20Safeguarding%20Policy_2021.pdf)
3/ Anyone under the ages of 18 engaged in any rugby league activity, is considered a minor/child. However, where a 17-year-old male player is playing in the adult game it is essential that every reasonable precaution is taken to ensure his safety and well- being are protected.
4/ The key principles of the RFL Safeguarding Policy are that:
· The welfare of the child is, and must always be, paramount to any other considerations
· All participants regardless or age, gender, ability, disability, race, faith, culture, size, shape, language or sexual identity have the right to protection from abuse or harm.
· All allegations or suspicions of abuse, neglect, harm and poor practice will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly fairly and appropriately.
· Working with partnership with other organisations, statutory agencies, parents, carer, children, and young people is essential for the welfare of children.
· Children have a right to expect support, and personal and social development delivered by an appropriately recruited, vetted and managed in relation to their participation in rugby league, whether they are playing volunteering or officiating in the community or professional areas of the sport.
5/ Coaches and Managers involved in the Wakefield Trinity Academy Pathway recognise that all children have the right to participate in sport in a safe, positive and enjoyable environment, whilst at the same time being protected from abuse, neglect, harm and poor practice. Coaches and Managers involved in the Wakefield Trinity Academy Pathway recognizes that this is the responsibility of everyone involved in the programme, in whatever capacity
6/ Wakefield Academy will implement and comply with the RFL code of Conduct and the Codes of Conduct for Coaches, Spectators and Officials as appropriate.
7/ Please see below the safeguarding officer for Wakefield Trinity RLFC and the RFL safeguarding officer.
RFL SAFEGUARDING MANAGER