P.E Specialist- Wakefield School Sports Partnership (SSP)
Competitive Salary + Benefits – Full Time
Wakefield School Sports Partnership is a project that sits within Wakefield Trinity Community Foundation.
Our coaching team is responsible for all aspects of physical education delivery in line with the national P.E curriculum for primary schools including Physical Education, Gymnastics, and our niche educational programmes in and around the Wakefield District as well as schools in Scunthorpe and Ripon.
The successful candidate will also be expected to deliver in curriculum PE sessions working directly with the class teacher to upskill internal school staff, deliver lunch time and after school provision and link with the class teacher to deliver active Maths, Literacy and Reading sessions.
* The successful candidate will be based in a school in Scunthorpe 3x per week, Ripon 1x per week and a school in Wakefield 1x per week. (Travel expenses will be agreed if required)
Contract: A full time contract of 37.5 hours per week, typically delivering during the school day on a term time only basis as well as also working at our Multi Sports Holiday Camps during the school holidays and other departments at Wakefield Trinity Community Foundation. Weekend work may be required when requested by line manager.
Salary: Competitive salary plus additional benefits. There are also regular opportunities to progress and develop through continuous mentoring and training provided by Wakefield School Sports Partnership.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and inspirational individual who can help create a legacy within the Wakefield District by working directly with class teachers to educate the school professionals to competently deliver tailored PE provision within their school environment.
• Own transport with full UK driving licence.
• Enhanced Clean DBS certificate
• First Aid Qualification (within the last 2 years)
• Safeguarding Certificate (within the last 12 months)
• 2x NGB Level 2 Coaching Qualification
• Experience of delivering primary school Gymnastics or Dance
• Experience of delivering in a classroom environment.
• Minimum of 12 months experience delivering curriculum based Primary School P.E to children aged 4-11 years old.
• An additional Gymnastics and/or Dance qualification.
• Achieved or working towards a Level 3/4/5/6 in Primary School PE/Sport.
• Degree (or working towards) in Sports Coaching or any other sport related degree.
• PGCE Qualification (or working towards)
• Experience of using behaviour management strategies when delivering sports and physical activity.
Closing Date: Thursday 10th December – 5:00pm
Interview: Friday 11th December / Monday 14th December (Virtual)
Start Date: January 2021
The offer of a position within the company will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, two employment references from previous roles as well as commitment to attend and adhere to all application process dates once confirmed.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com. Your CV must be accompanied with a covering letter.