Applications for the position of Partnership Manager of the Wakefield Trinity Community Trust are sought from suitably qualified candidates who have substantial experience of managing or working in a senior position in a sports-related Community Trust or Foundation.
The Wakefield Trinity Community Trust major objective is to provide education, physical activity, and healthy lifestyle support for the children, young people and disadvantaged youth of Wakefield. Through these objectives we aim to increase supporters and participants of Wakefield Trinity RLFC.
Applicants need to be motivated, passionate and have fantastic communication skills to liaise with the education sector and other organisations. Experience of working within Rugby League Development is desirable but not essential.
The applicant will primarily lead on our Ambassador Schools programme. The School Ambassador scheme is an opportunity for Wakefield schools to progress their engagement with Wakefield Trinity. You will work in schools to promote the club and encourage further participation in Rugby League. As part of your role you will be required to undertake coaching as part of our Sky Try programme.
Key Responsibilities –
– Manage Ambassador Schools Programme
– Create lasting partnerships with Schools and Ambassador Leads
– Apply for funding in conjunction with Schools and Partners
– Manage our Sky Try Programme objectives
– Manage additional delivery staff of Sky Try Programme
– Rugby League coaching in Primary Schools & link to player recruitment for community clubs
– Rugby League Coaching in High Schools & link to player recruitment for community clubs
– Deliver local schools festivals and CPD
– Manage School game day activities alongside Community Manager
Additional Responsibilities –
– Create a media release per project / coaching block, highlighting partners.
– All work to link to community clubs.
– Additional work for the Wakefield Trinity Community Trust as requested by line manager.
– Attendance at all core Wakefield Trinity Community Trust events including Wakefield Trinity match days.
– Attendance at Wakefield Trinity Community Trust camps and summer activities outside of term times as required by line manager.
– Attendance at regular RL development staff meetings,
Person Specification –
– Level 2 Coaching Qualification in Rugby League – Desirable
– Experience of schools rugby league coaching – Desirable
– Experience of Club Development work – Desirable
– Ability to communicate at all levels – Essential
– Ability to monitor own workload – Essential
– Good IT skills – Desirable
– Ability to write articles for press and websites – Desirable
– Excellent time management skills – Essential
– Ability to work as part of a team and individually – Essential
– Able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekdays and match days – Essential
– Satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check – Essential
– Hold a Full UK Driving License – Essential
– Sensitivity to a diverse range of staff or student needs and evidence of responding to their different needs – Essential
– Able to provide a service to a diverse range of people to promote good relations and equality – Essential
The role will be based at: Wakefield Trinity, Doncaster Road, Wakefield, WF1 5EY
This is a full time contract starting in November 2017. The salary for the role will be based on qualifications, skills and experience.
The successful candidate’s appointment will be subject to a DBS check and references. To apply please send you CV and a covering letter to Mick Amos Director of Operations at [email protected].
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 20th October 2017.
Interviews will take place the week commencing 22nd October 2017.