Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist/Sports Rehabilitator
Salary: £15k-£20k depending on experience
An exciting full time position to work within the first team medical department with Wakefield Trinity RLFC has become available.
This role is open to Chartered Physiotherapists with HCPC registration, or Graduate level Sports Therapists or Rehabilitators.
Within this role you will be expected to work within the multi-disciplinary performance team, containing Physiotherapists, Sports Therapists, Doctors, Strength and Conditioners and Sports Scientists.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Head of Physiotherapist and Head of Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation with day to day duties, including working independently to asses, treat and rehabilitate players.
Any candidate applying for this job will be expected to either have an IMMOFP qualification or equivalent or be willing to complete and IMMOFP qualification as a key part of their employment.
Previous experience within a team sport and confidence in leading group rehabilitation sessions within sport would be desirable.
• Provide Evidence based treatment to players in order to ensure optimal care is being provided.
• Take a lead role in application and provision of providing soft tissue massage to first team squad and maintaining stocking levels and equipment required.
• Assist with the planning and delivery of injury prevention sessions
• Design and deliver rehabilitation plans
• Lead/Assist Logistical aspects of moving medical equipment to training/games along with ensuring hygiene of equipment.
• Provide First Aid cover at training (Upon completion of IMMOFP) and on occasions U16’s games on a rota basis
• Maintain legal and professional responsibilities in regards to note taking
• Attend specialist appointment with players regarding injuries as required
• Provide Soft Tissue treatments to players pre-game and have an active role within the medicals teams’ emergency action plan.
Due to match day and training commitments within this role you will be expected to work unsociable hours and weekends as required.
Send your CV and Cover Letter to Ryan Carmody at email@example.com by February 8.