June 24, 2017

Trinity Slump to Defeat

A disappointing night for Trinity at the KCOM Stadium, after being in the lead going in at the break, Hull came back to get the win.

It was a fantastic start to the game for Trinity who were by far the better side in the opening 15 minutes, Hull took the lead in the game however it was short lived after two tries from Williams and James Batchelor.

The home side looked lethargic in attack, they had a couple of breaks down the right wing but nothing to cause concern.

The biggest decision of the half came on 13 minutes when Craig Huby was extremely high with his attempted tackle resulting in a couple of handbags between the prop and Manu which saw both players being sin binned.

It was Hull who got the first try of the game on 28 minutes, Danny Washbrook broke through the Trinity defence and passed on the inside to Jamie Shaul who got the ball over to put the home side into the lead.

The second try of the game for Hull was not far behind, Hull showed great character in-front of the Trinity defence shifting the ball from right to left to set up Talanoa in the corner. Sneyd was unable to convert.

On 28 minutes, Trinity finally found themselves getting back into the game after a fantastic bit of play down the right side, some great footwork from James Batchelor dodging the hull defence which saw the young second rower get over, 10-6.

Sheer class from Sam Williams to go over and put Trinity into the lead for the first time in the game; an excellent dummy and pace from the stand-off who held off the Hull defence to go over.

Trinity had the chance to further their lead just before half time, however the ball out wide from Wood to Ben Jones-Bishop was forward leaving only a two point gap going in at the break.

Trinity continued their fantastic form at the start of the second half, Reece Lyne proved to be too strong out of dummy half to get a try.

The home side were then gifted a try after Kyle Wood was the first to react to a kick, however, the hooker flicked the ball out straight into the hands of Jake Connor who put Hull two points behind with 19 minutes of the second half remaining.

Hull continued to push in attack and grew from strength to strength scoring another four tries to end the game on 40-18.

Marc Sneyd put Hull back into the lead when he darted through the Trinity defence to get over. Moments later Jamie Shaul weaved through a number of Trinity defenders to put the ball down.

Mahe Fonua well and truly sealed the win for the Airlie Birds after he intercepted a Bill Tupou pass. Not long after Turgut strolled through in the dying seconds of the game to make the final score 40-18.