The Wakefield Trinity Disability Rugby League arm has gone from strength to strength in 2018.
With our season due to draw to a close later this month we are seeking Volunteer Coaches across Learning Disability, Physical Disability and Wheelchair Rugby League for the 2019 season.
PDRL was first out of the blocks in March 2018 and the new side has since recorded one win against Leeds Rhinos Foundation before losing three very close games against Warrington (twice) and the Rhinos once.
LDRL is still developing but they did perform in front of the North Stand in the recent Father’s Day fixture with Warrington Wolves and enjoyed the supporters chants throughout their experience.
Both PDRL & LDRL teams will play this weekend at the ‘Grand Day Out’ in Blackpool with the finals being streamed LIVE and will face Castleford Tigers PDRL team at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle on Friday 21st September as the curtain-raiser to the Super 8’s fixture between Castleford Tigers and Wakefield Trinity.
In October 2018 we launch our Wheelchair RL team and will look to use 2019 as a maiden year filled with development games against other organisations.
We are excited about completing our vision of making Rugby League wholly inclusive and we’d like to invite candidates for the Head Coach positions of each derivative.
Candidates should be qualified to UKCC Level 2 or above, have previous experience in coaching and development and preferably an understand of disability sport. The successful applicant will join a growing and ambitious community focused Charity.
You will be responsible for inspiring and developing our disability Rugby League players to fulfil their highest potential; and be an instrumental part in the progression of the team & disability rugby league.
Working closely with the Wakefield Trinity Community Development team you will also have an committed drive to ensure that all participants have the best opportunity and aspirations to progress into the National squad, through our long-term strategy and development pathways for disability rugby league.
Volunteer PDRL/LDRL/Wheelchair RL Head Coach Role:
• You will be an effective planner, administrator and communicator, able to build and maintain good relationships with all players, volunteers, leagues, NGB & Wakefield Trinity RLFC
• Assist in the long-term and medium-term development strategies and report regularly to the Wakefield Trinity’s Community Development team
• Plan & deliver player focused coaching sessions. Motivate and encourage players at ALL levels in order to achieve their full potential, with a key directive to long-term player development
• Manage and review expectations with individual players
• Attend meetings with Wakefield Trinity RLFC where required and report on progress & development of the team
• Maintain up-to-date registers and other records and documentation as required
• Provide positive leadership and maintain integrity for Wakefield Trinity PDRL/LDRL/Wheelchair RL & Wakefield Trinity RLFC club at all times
• Conduct trials for new players for the team
• Build a strong, supportive coaching and management team for Wakefield Trinity PDRL/LDRL/Wheelchair RL
• Keep under review own professional development through reviews with Community Development Officer
• This is a Voluntary position
• To apply please send a CV and brief overview detailing why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 28th September.
• Successful candidates will be invited for an informal interview by email on a date to be confirmed.