Description: Community Sports Coach
|Job Title||Community Sports Coach|
|Salary||£15.00 – £20.00 per session|
|Location||Wakefield Trinity, The Be Well Support Stadium, Doncaster Road, Wakefield, WF1 5EY|
|Hours of work||Varied – can include evening and weekend work.|
|Responsibility to||Education & Community Lead|
|Contractual Status||Part-time, Casual|
Throughout the Foundation, we have three main departments, Education, Rugby League, and Health, Wellbeing & Inclusion. We relish the opportunity to use sport and physical activity to create a positive change and impact on the lives of those we work with.
‘Using the power of sport and physical activity to improve the lives of those within our community’
‘To be at the heart of the community, adaptable and responsive to the local needs, ensuring our projects are inclusive, sustainable and leave a legacy.’
Strategic Aims of the Role
Working throughout Wakefield, Wakefield Trinity Community Foundation is proud to deliver a wide and diverse range of high quality, high impact, sustainable health improvement and physical education provision, across a range of sectors including; schools, early years settings, local public spaces and leisure centres.
Due to our increased delivery and engagement plans, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a number of motivated and committed Multi-Sports Coaches to join our ever-expanding team.
These roles will work with a broad and diverse range of local partners including; schools, youth clubs, and local public spaces within the heart of the communities that our Foundation serve on a daily basis.
Post holders will be responsible for the delivery of a professional, successful, inclusive and bespoke community-focused delivery offer, ensuring that our community is able to access high-quality sport and physical activity provision.
- Deliver high-quality curriculum and extracurricular, multi-sport sessions (primarily Rugby League) within local primary schools.
- Ensure that all community-based sessions are enriching and progressive in their nature, providing physical activity engagement opportunities that are inclusive.
- Ensure that all community-based sports sessions are managed in an effective and confident manner.
- Support the delivery of high-quality health and wellbeing projects.
- Support the delivery of enriching, free-to-access youth outreach and community physical activity and youth work provision, engaging with inactive males and females as well as those at risk of anti-social behaviour.
- Record and produce accurate reporting primarily around attendance figures.
- Ensure safeguarding/child protection/vulnerable adults policies are adhered to at all times.
- Undertake other administration tasks as appropriate to your level of responsibility, including undertaking duties as can be reasonably expected to ensure the smooth running of the Foundation.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Skills & Abilities
- Diligent and professional.
- Excellent time and task management skills with good attention to
- IT literate
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently and act on their own initiative.
- Flexible with a positive outcome-focused approach to problem-solving.
- Collaborative worker with the ability to work within a team and develop partnerships (both internally and externally).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of ways to different audiences.
- Ability to provide proactive customer service (both internally and externally).
- Demonstrates respect for diversity and equality of opportunity to actively promote an inclusive environment.
- Demonstrates commitment to own learning and continuous improvement through training and development.
- NGB Level 2 Sports Coaching Qualification (Ideally Rugby League).
- Experience in delivering community-based programmes, working with differing ages.
- Safeguarding and First Aid qualification (or willingness to work towards).
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present in public.
- Ability to build a quick rapport with a variety of different stakeholders.
- A full UK driving license and own vehicle.
- Experience in engaging with often hard-to-reach target audiences in the community, developing and delivering needs-based provision.
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor or Level 3 Personal Trainer qualification.
- Experience working within youth engagement and outreach work.
- Mental Health qualification or experience.
- Experience in working with people who have a disability.
To apply for the roles attached, please send your CV to our Head of Operations, Luke Shale, at email@example.com,