Trinity Sign Armed Forces Covenant Agreement14th October 2020
We are delighted to announce that we have made a pledge in supporting our armed forces community!
The Armed Forces Covenant is a national pledge to help those who have served in the Armed Forces and their families receive the same opportunities and respect in their communities as others by providing housing advice, access to healthcare, employment opportunities and more.
We commit to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community. We recognise the value Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reservists, Veterans and military families contribute to our businesses and our country.
We Wakefield Trinity RLFC will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved
Demonstrating our Commitment; Wakefield Trinity RLFC recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
- offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible
- aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day
- offering discounted ticketing to members of the Armed Forces Community
- providing social support groups and workshops to our armed forces and veteran’s community
Trinity CEO; Michael Carter commented: “I am very proud of our armed forces and the sacrifices they make to ensure we can all live in relative peace. It is an honour to sign the armed forces covenant agreement and we look forward to supporting and forging strong friendships with current serving personnel, their families and veterans alike”.
Community Manager; James Stephenson added: “With the recent launch of our new Trinity Vets programme and as the clubs charitable foundation, we endeavour to offer support and services to our whole community. The armed forces covenant agreement is something important that we are also very proud to support and will make every effort to promote and offer support services to our armed forces”.
Wakefield Trinity RLFC will publicise these commitments through our literature, media platforms and on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and inviting feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.
Wakefield Trinity Vets is the first of our community programmes dedicated to veteran service personnel, for more information and to join the Trinity Vets club then please click HERE